5 retail marketing strategies for your store
Marketing strategies at the point of sale make it possible to encourage purchases and increase the value of the average ticket. We create recurring campaigns aimed at potential customers, with the aim of encouraging consumption.
Retail marketing represents the set of actions and strategies in place in one or more points of sale. There are several intermediate objectives, such as increasing customer satisfaction, increasing the length of average stay, increasing tickets, customer frequency, etc. In short, every strategy shares the same final goal: improve results.
Music, perfume, lighting, product distribution, etc. are part of retail marketing strategies. But how to achieve a higher level of conversion? What are the guidelines to follow to improve the results of a store thanks to retail marketing?
What marketing strategies help improve store sales?
When implementing marketing strategies in a store, it is necessary to think of a connected consumer, omnichannel and unfaithful with the numerous brands existing today.
Here are some retail marketing tricks:
The window shop is very important: it represents one of the most effective ways to attract customers. It’s a brand’s business card, and it has a big impact on the consumer. In an omnichannel world, the shop window is an extension of the store itself, and can be considered a springboard for the online store, even when the store is closed.
- Customization: in the current retail world, the form of buying has changed, and a lot. It is no longer a punctual event, but takes place continuously throughout the year, so consumers no longer pay so much attention to random offers. To have a real impact on the consumer, offers must be much more personalized.
- Impulse sales: impulse purchases generate an advantage for the company relatively automatically. The strategic positioning of the products and the study of the customer’s path within the point of sale is a determining factor to improve sales of this type of products.
- Path studied: this, not only allows the strategic positioning of the products by “impulse”, but it is also fundamental to maximize sales. Depending on the type of stores, the distribution of spaces and products is one of the most important factors. Consumers often visit the shops without having a clear interest in buying, so distributing the products correctly and planning the customer’s journey can greatly help increase sales
- Loyalty: often, loyalty is achieved by offering a correct purchase and after-sales experience. Maintaining contact through the various communication channels available and sending personalized information is the best way to retain customers.
- Data analysis: when creating a retail marketing strategy based on the objectives you want to achieve, you perform actions in the stores to achieve specific objectives.
To verify the effect of retail marketing strategies in the store and obtain the ROI of each strategy to assess its impact, it is necessary to measure data on customer behavior and extract key performance indicators from the point of sale. If the goal is to improve the number of visits to the store, as well as impulse sales and the average length of time spent in the store, without analyzing the data, we run the risk of not knowing what kind of impact our actions have had.
TC Group Solutions, a leader in counting systems to obtain the main business metrics in physical sales points, helps retailers to measure the results of retail marketing strategies.