Interview with Francesc Corominas, Chief Commercial Officer for Montse Interiors
- Good morning Francesc, and thank you for granting us this interview. Could you explain us what Montse Interiors is and your role in the company?
Montse Interiors is a network of stores dedicated to the production and sales of household and homewear items. We collaborate with the best brands on the market, but always trying to stay faithful to our production and brand image. We are manufacturer, so we offer a very convenient service and factory prices for all our customers. In the company, I take care of the commercial part and I am responsible for online SEO strategies.
- What sales channels does the company use the most? What is the number of the company’s employees?
We sell our products through the 22 physical stores of the company, the online store, our trusted distributors and marketplaces. In the company, we are about 100 employees.
- What are the most appreciated characteristics when it comes the time to incorporating new professionals into the company?
They have to be very motivated, have a great desire to learn and an enthusiastic work ethic in the company. This is in order to offer customers an excellent shopping experience and to differentiate ourselves from the competitors. In addition, they must know how to enhance the product and customize the service: it is a typical feature of our company, developed from 60 years of experience and industry know-how.
- How has the Retail sector changed over the years and how do you think it will evolve?
Montse Interiors has always been characterized by evolving based on market demand. Nowadays, the customer cannot wait, and needs the product as soon as possible. To solve this situation, we try to act in two different directions: on one hand, we try to always have all the items available at the best quality-price ratio on the market, and on the other, we work continuously to offer our customers the fastest service possible. For this reason, we work on the union of physical and online stores, with the aim of inextricably unifying the two channels and making sure that the customer feels comfortable buying on both platforms.
- How important is the role of your online store?
Very important! Not only in terms of sales, but it is very useful to show new products to consumers who want to keep up-to-date on news or new collections, to retain new customers, to spread the brand image and as a work tool for our customers.
- Do you think that the retail sector could be defined as “omnichannel”?
I believe that we are getting closer to an omnichannel world every day, but that there is still a long way to go. The customer is increasingly connected, and demands the same services and the same availability both online and offline. It’s a retailer’s job to thin out this gap and respond to consumers‘ desires by trying to accomplish their needs through both channels.
- What is the current situation of Montse Interiors and what are the company’s next steps in this regard?
Currently, in our website it is possible to buy online and collect the product in-store, change online purchases, consult store stock through the web platform, and other omnichannel features. In addition, we’ll soon have a new website that will implement this strategy with new features.
- As a student of the first specialization course about the omnichannel retail world (CERO), how would you evaluate the experience?
My experience was very useful. I am satisfied with the topics covered, the shared experiences and have gained new points of view to improve, enhance and optimize omnichannel sales.