Omnichannel approach: advantages and risks
What are the main opportunities and risks of omni-channel, in the age where digital consumers are increasingly interacting with brands and companies?
The advantages of an omnichannel approach for companies are
- Define the demographic, psychographic and behavioral profile of the client, with consequent improvement in targeting
- Eliminate temporal and geographical barriers: it is possible to operate anytime and everywhere
- Create a deeper relationship with consumers
- Sell more and better
The main risks are:
- Higher expectations: customers expect to receive the same treatment in terms of attention and caring in all channels. If these are not managed according to a shared and cohesive corporate vision, there is the risk of incidents that could seriously compromise the company‘s credibility, and causing a feeling of disappointment.
- Lack of trust by company employees and shop’s staff
- Inability to invest in communication or internal training by companies
- The use of technology allows a significant reduction of costs, but initially involves a significant investment.